Subject: To NFPs and OCPs for action: Call for candidates to the Viral Respiratory Diseases Network Coordination Committee
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 16:44:06 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases (and 
Alternates); Operational Contact Points for COVID-19, Influenza and SARI

CC:       National Coordinators

Dear National Focal Points and Operational Contact Points,

The 3-year mandate of the current Viral Respiratory Diseases Network 
Coordination Committee (DNCC) comes to an end on the 19 October 2024. With 
this email we would like to thank the current DNCC members, listed below, 
for their valuable contribution over the past 3 years and launch a call for 
nominations for the next DNCC.

Katarina Prosenc Trilar

Slovenia

Raquel Guiomar

Portugal

Lisa Domegan

Ireland

Karoline Bragstad

Norway

Jan Kynčl

Czech Republic

Mary Emmanouil

Greece

Silke Buda

Germany

Christos Karagiannis

Cyprus

Marc-Alain Widdowson

WHO Europe (observer)

The mandate of the DNCC is valid for 3 years following appointment and the 
responsibilities of the appointed DNCC members are described in the ECDC 
Terms of Reference (see the attached ‘Coordinating Competent Bodies ToR’ 
document, page 37):

“The Disease Network Coordination Committees (DNCCs) shall support further 
development of the ECDC disease work and networks, by providing important 
but non-binding advice to respective ECDC Disease Programmes (DPs) with 
respect to all aspects of its work including surveillance, prevention and 
control or any other technical, epidemiological or scientific aspects, thus 
enabling the network to improve its effectiveness and added value.”

The DNCC will consist of a maximum of 10 members, and it is recommended that 
both NFPs and OCPs for respiratory viruses are represented in the DNCC, with 
balance between functional expertise, gender and geographical 
representation.

For action: we invite you to submit one nomination for the DNCC, noting 
that:

*	In the election process, each CCB has one vote, coordinated by the 
respective NFP
*	Nominees must be NFPs or OCPs
*	You can nominate yourself or a colleague
*	Current and former DNCC members can be nominated

Those interested in becoming a DNCC member are kindly asked to send an email 
to  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] and 
cc:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] –– 
indicating their full name, role in the ECDC Competent Bodies structure (NFP 
or OCP), functional expertise (epidemiologist/microbiologist) as well as the 
representing EU/EEA country, by EOB the 9 September 2024.

Please feel free to also propose other NFPs/OCPs to become a member of the 
DNCC and ECDC will then approach this person to see if they are available.

If not enough volunteers come forward or if there is a need to balance the 
composition, as described above, ECDC may identify and approach individuals 
asking for their candidacy.

What happens after nominations are received?

ECDC will contact the candidates that are not self-nominated to confirm 
their acceptance as candidates. The next step in the election process will 
then depend on the number of nominations received.

*	If too few candidates are nominated, ECDC may identify and contact 
potential candidates from the network and invite their candidacy
*	If there are no more than 10 candidates, ECDC will send the names of the 
candidates to all NFPs and OCPs asking if there are any major objections to 
the proposed list

*	If there are no major objections, the DNCC will be proposed for 
appointment
*	If there are major objections, ECDC will organise an electronic election

*	If there are more than 10 candidates, ECDC will arrange an electronic 
election

*	The candidates with the most votes will be proposed for appointment

*	Candidates proposed for appointment will be asked to complete a 
Declaration of Interests (DoI)
*	ECDC will announce the results of the election via email

Should you have any further questions regarding the DNCC election, please do 
not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Edoardo Colzani

On behalf of the Respiratory Viruses and Legionella group

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.